Creating a Healthy Life: 5 Small Changes to Make a Big Impact
Welcome to 2015! ‘Tis the season for making resolutions to start out the new year. Health and wellness goals top the list of resolutions. We at OCHO Candy believe that living a healthy lifestyle can easily be done by making small changes that will lead to even bigger improvements. Don’t get overwhelmed with lofty goals– instead, follow these simple ways to start your year off right.
- Drink more H2O. Each morning when you wake, drink at least 8 ounces of water. To help with this goal, we recommend purchasing a reusable water bottle that you can carry around. Another helpful idea is to keep a glass by your sink that you can refill after you brush your teeth.
- Walk more. Those working a 9-5 job may struggle with getting their steps in. Set a timer on your calendar to get up every couple of hours and walk around the office, take your pet for a stroll, or just step outside for some fresh air.
- Plan your workouts. Each week, take a look at your work schedule and see where you can fit in a break for fitness. Make it a point to work out at least 3 times a week. Remember, exercise is great for mental health, which in turn will make you more productive at work!
- Share your goals. Tell your friends and family about your plans. Create an active support group who can encourage you along your way to wellness. Bonus: Ask a friend or relative to join you for a workout or healthy meal.
- Reward yourself. If you are sticking to your goals and feeling accomplished, you deserve to treat yourself every now and then. We firmly believe that life is all about balance, and if you treat your body right, a small indulgence here and there won’t negatively affect your long-term goals. And we happen to have some mini bars that are the perfect treat.