Red Velvet Cupcakes Stuffed with OCHO Minis Recipe
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, there is no better way to say “I love you,” than with dessert! Our kitchen of experts has put a spin on the class Red Velvet Cupcake, and put in one of our delicious OCHO Coconut Minis.
- 1 cup raw beets, blended
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 18 OCHO Coconut Minis, unwrapped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with liners.
- Wash, peel and rough chop raw beet(s).
- In a food processor blend beet(s) until as smooth as possible, about 1 minute.
- Measure 1 cup of blended beets and add back into food processor, reserving any extra beets for another time.
- To food processor add eggs, butter, buttermilk, and lemon and blend 1-2 minutes until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cacao, sugar, and baking powder. Gently stir in beet mixture until just combined, careful not to overmix.
- Divide evenly into lined muffin tins and push 1 OCHO mini ½ way down into each cupcake. Move batter with a spoon to cover OCHO Candy as needed.
- Bake for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean on the side of cupcake (not from the center where your OCHO Candy is).
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, butter and salt on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar then add vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.